Hoy Excavating Careers
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Start Date: 2021-04-01
Location: Kansas city, MO
Hoy Excavating has established a solid reputation for building communities and providing construction services throughout Kansas City. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do.
We are currently looking for like-minded, driven personalities to join our team with the following experience:
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Mechanic will work out of our Kansas City facility, this position will perform repairs and PMs as required on equipment, and trucks. The successful candidate will support Hoy Excavating’s vision, mission, values, and three daily pillars of safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Diagnose and complete repairs, PMs on all company equipment and trucks
- Order parts/material required to complete repairs
- Inform Shop Foreman of work activities, and issues
- Dependable and able to work independently with little supervision as well as with a team of
- Complete detailed work orders and timekeeping records daily
- Ensure completed work meets the required specifications
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other departments and outside contractors/suppliers
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Heavy Equipment mechanical maintenance & repair experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working on various construction equipment such as CAT, Komatsu, Case, John Deere
- Experienced with CAT ET and related equipment diagnostic software
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Experience with diesel trucks such as Peterbilt, Kenworth, Mack
What We Offer You:
- Competitive wage based on experience and drive
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Employer matching 3% 401K package
- Advancement opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Hoy Excavating is Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
Apply now to become part of a driven team!
PLEASE NOTE: All Hoy Excavating employees may be required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid driver’s license prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
Hoy Excavating would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Please provide your name and contact information, as well as uploading your resume and cover letter in document format.